Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Blogger news

LASU best Graduating student gave birthday hours after her convocation___Double blessings

The overall best graduating student of the Lagos State University (LASU) has delivered a baby girl after the glamorous 21st convocation ceremony. Elizabeth Orefuwa, graduated with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 4.74 on Wednesday, March 22.
LASU best graduating student
The 29-year-old new mother explained that she felt the contraction just before the convocation. She said she was scared that she would not be able to participate in the graduation ceremony.

I was having contraction and was scared that the baby might come before the convocation. I told God to take control because I wanted to experience the convocation and God took control until I got home. It was when I got home that it started again and my husband took me to the hospital where I gave birth at about 1:00pm on Thursday.’’ NAIJ.com gathered that Orefuwa who is an Accounting graduate wrote the Unified Tertiary Matriculation (UTME) 7 times before gaining admission into the LASU in 2012. She said: "I also applied for direct entry three times at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife. During this period of waiting, I started professional career at the Institute of Chartered Accountancy of Nigeria (ICAN) in 2007 and became qualified as an Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) in 2010." "My aim is to get my first degree certificate after several years of waiting and to satisfy my dad, who has been insisting on academic certificate before professional certificate. He would always say to me then that I have put the cart before the horse. However, what kept me going was self-belief, focus and determination bearing in mind that I am not competing with others but with my own capabilities.

The 29-year-old graduate got married in her final year. She intends to practice accounting as a profession and also teach it to students.
LASU best graduating student

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Copyright © 2015. KwasuLoaded - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Obhiaba Blog