Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Blogger news

KWASU Library Project is Value for Money – TETFund Ex-Board Member

Apparently satisfied with the quality of work so far done at the ongoing Library Project of the Kwara State University (KWASU), Malete, a onetime member, Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) Board of Trustees, Professor Patricia Donli, has described the project as value for money.
KWASU had received a special high impact grant of three billion naira from TETFund for the construction of a world-class University Central Library. The grant – the highest ever received by the University – was facilitated by Professor Donli.
“We went to the library which is coming up and it is a gigantic project and I think it is first of its kind here in Nigeria. It is really impressive and I think it is value for money,” she remarked in an interview with KWASU UPDATE, shortly after being conducted round the project and others on campus by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor AbdulRasheed Na’Allah.
Accompanied by her husband, Chief Andrew Abdullahi Donli, the TETFund erstwhile Board member also took time out to interact with KWASU students during her visit on Friday, November 25, 2016.
She recalled that before the special high impact grant for the North Central Geopolitical Zone was awarded to KWASU, “we came here and when we went back, I knew that if I facilitated the money, it would be used judiciously. Now I came back and I am not disappointed. I am quite glad at what I saw.”
Professor Donli stated that with the way KWASU is growing, it would be among the world leading universities in the nearest future.
“I think it would be among the foremost universities because the vision of KWASU is not just the theory, but it is about hands-on for the students. So, there is no student that graduates from this place that will go into the labour market and be found wanting in anyway, because the practical aspect is as important as the theoretical aspect in KWASU. I think that is where a lot of universities have missed it,” she noted.
Professor Donli, who lectures at the University of Maiduguri, also expressed satisfaction with surveillance drone and other innovative projects done by the students of Aeronautics and Astronautics in the University, even as she encouraged the female Engineering students to come out with best results.
The visitor, while stressing the importance of public private partnership (PPP) to the development of educational institutions in Nigeria, said “I have been to the hostel as well and the BOT (build-operate-transfer) is something that other universities may have to learn from because PPP has become critical in the development of our educational institutions.
“The government cannot do it alone. We have to partner with the private sector, so that we will be able to do it. The University is doing quite well and I am quite impressed. There is a lot of take-home from here to my own University.
“My message to the Management is to keep up the good work. They are leaving a very good legacy and they should just keep on improving. For the students, I saw a lot of them working very hard. There is nothing good that comes without you working hard. They should be committed to their studies, no matter how difficult because pressure may mount on them to work harder and what have you, but at the end, they will be proud of what they come out with.
“I think for me on a general note, I am very, very impressed with what I have seen and I know the future is going to be very bright. I am part and parcel of this University. I will be looking forward in the future to hearing great things about the University,” she stated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Copyright © 2015. KwasuLoaded - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Obhiaba Blog