Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Blogger news

I can’t recall being this ill’

•President to transmit letter to NASS Monday
•To return to UK ‘within some weeks for follow up’
After a 50-day extended medical vacation in the United Kingdom, President Muhammadu Buhari returned to Nigeria yesterday ,saying  he could not recollect being this sick in his 74 years on earth.
He  had originally planned to be away for 18 days but ended up spending 36 days more, undergoing tests, receiving  treatment and resting.
“I couldn’t recall being so sick since I was a young man, including the military with its ups and downs,” Buhari told ministers and state governors at a reception for him in Abuja moments after his arrival via Kaduna.
He did not reveal the ailment he was treated for, but confirmed that he got blood transfusion during the vacation.
He hinted that he would be returning abroad “within some weeks” for further follow up.
Buhari said that the poor state of the economy occupied his thoughts even in his sick bed.
“I am very conscious of the economy. I have rested as much as humanly possible, I have received, I think, the best of treatment I could receive,” he said as he shared his experience in the UK with the audience, including Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.
“I found out that technology is going so fast that if you have a lot of confidence you better keep it because you need it. Blood transfusions, going to the laboratories, and so on and so forth, but I am very pleased that we, when I say we, I mean the government and the people all over are trying to keep with technology.
“I couldn’t recall when last I had blood transfusion; I couldn’t recall, honestly I can say in my 70 years. I couldn’t remember this drug that Nigerians take so much, very common.
“I think one of our terrible things is self drug administration. We have to trust our doctors more and trust ourselves more because over there they only take drugs when it is absolutely necessary. They don’t just swallow everything.
“Having said that, I am pleased that I am back. I am pleased that the Vice President enjoyed this break and he has to do much more this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Post

Copyright © 2015. KwasuLoaded - All Rights Reserved
Proudly Designed By Obhiaba Blog